Cloud changes everything, including how the data is ingested, stored, processed and how reports are generated from the data.
This hands-on course is designed to get knowledge to be able to clear the 70-473 : Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions Exam.
This hands-on course focuses on designing and implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions on Microsoft Azure cloud by using SQL Server on-premises, SQL Server on Azure VM, Azure SQL, and Hybrid solutions where both on-premises and Azure cloud are used.
As a participant you will learn how to design, implement and optimize data workloads in cloud, native and hybrid scenarios with on-premise SQL Server, SQL Server on Azure VM and Azure SQL. You will also learn about implementing high-availability data solutions and disaster recovery options for your data platform. We would also discuss features such as data security, monitoring and managing database in cloud.
We will spend about half the time in this course doing hands-on labs using our custom curriculum.
- To attain a comprehensive understanding of Cloud Data Platform Solutions
- Understanding various deployment scenario of SQL Server, Azure SQL database
- Create databases for cloud or on premise use, migrate on premise SQL server database to Azure SQL Database
- Learn how to design data solutions and implement with different architecture pattern
- Configure and implement HA/DR solutions for SQL server and Azure SQL database
Who Should Attend
- Database professionals who want to enhance their existing SQL Server skills with Microsoft Azure cloud and hybrid solutions
- IT Professionals and Architects who want to get hands-on experience on Cloud Data Platform Solutions
- Professionals who want to jump start their career in Cloud Data Platform
- Candidates looking to get certified on 70-473 : Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions Exam
- Fundamental knowledge of Cloud Computing
- Basic understanding of SQL Server
- Some experience with database administration
- Azure Fundamentals
- Introduction to Azure
- Different segments SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Azure Regions and Data Centers
- Overview of all Azure services
- Azure portal
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Networks Overview
- IP Addressing
- What is a Virtual Network?
- Understanding Network ACL and Network Security Group
- Why is it needed?
- Creating Virtual Networks in Azure
- VPN options:
- Architectural difference between Azure VPNs like VNET to VNET, point – to – site and site – to – site.
- Private and Public IP
- Microsoft Azure Storage
- Understanding Storage Account
- Storage Account Replication Techniques: LRS, ZRS, GRS &RA-‐GRS
- Consistency Model
- Azure File Storage
- Use cases for Azure File Storage
- Share, Files and Folders
- Access Control
- Azure Blob Storage
- Use cases for Azure Blob Storage
- Block Blob
- Page Blob
- Access Control
- Shared Access Signatures
- Azure Table Storage
- Brief intro to NoSQL
- Use cases for Azure Table Storage
- Scaling Tables
- Azure Storage Queues
- Need for Queues
- Understanding Azure Queues
- Azure ARM (Azure Resource Manager)
- Comparison between ASM and ARM
- Why ARM? (Advantages of ARM)
- New features available in ARM
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
- Understanding VM architecture
- Types of OS supported Images by Azure
- Virtual Machine instances
- Understanding OS disk and Data disk
- Understanding Custom Image
- Understanding concepts of: Load balancing, Availability Set and Auto-Scaling
- Types of Provisioning
- Disks & Images
- Virtual Machine management, automation and scripting
- Load Balanced Endpoint
- Implementing SQL Database on Azure VM
- Suitable Scenarios
- Provision a SQL Server (IaaS)
- Configure and Optimize Storage
- Migrate an On-premise database to SQL Server VM
- Optimizing workloads for SQL Server VM (size to workload)
- Implementing SQL Database on Azure SQL
- Suitable Scenarios
- Provision a SQL Server (PaaS)
- Migrate on premise database to Azure SQL
- Configuring Active-Geo Replication
- Scaling Azure SQL Database
- SQL Database Security
- Configure Firewall for SQL Server Database Security
- Managing Users, Logins and Roles for SQL Server Database Security
- Configure Auditing for SQL Server Database Security
- Configure Transparent Database Encryption
- Configure Firewall for Azure SQL Database
- Managing Users, Logins and Roles for SQL Azure Database
- Configure Auditing for Azure SQL Database
- Configure Row-Level Security for Azure SQL
- Configure Data Encryption for Azure SQL
- Configure Data Masking
- Configure Always Encrypted
- Backup and Restore – SQL Server
- Implementing a backup and restore strategy for SQL Server as VMs
- Backup and Restore SQL databases with Azure SQL
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery – SQL Databases
- Implementing hybrid High Availability solution
- Define a High Availability solution topology
- Monitoring SQL Workloads
- Monitor Database and Instance activity of SQL implementation as a VM
- Monitor using Dynamic Management Views and Dynamic Management Functions
- Monitor Performance and Scalability
- Scaling SQL Workloads
- Scaling SQL Servers.
- Design a Scale-Out Solution
- Implement Database Multi-Master Database Replication
- Implement Elastic Scale for Azure SQL Database
- Data warehousing with SQL
- Concept of Data Warehouse
- Introduction to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Introduction to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Working with Power BI
- Best Practices for Cloud Data Platform Solutions
- Case studies – Activity
About The Trainer
Co-Founder & CEO
Bhavesh Goswami the Co-Founder & CEO of CloudThat Technologies, is a leading expert in Cloud Computing space with over a decade of experience. He was in the initial development team of Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) at Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Seattle. He honed his Cloud Computing skills at Amazon where he helped ship the first version of S3 in 2006. Later he moved to Microsoft after over three years at Amazon to take up the challenge to help manage Cosmos, the Cloud storage and Big Data computational engine that power all of the Microsoft’s Online Services, including Bing.
In 2010, after living in USA over 10 years, he came to India in search of a challenge. He realized that the rapidly changing technology landscape and the busy schedule of IT professionals were not conducive to acquire new skills. Thus, he started CloudThat Technologies, a company focused on quickly empowering professionals & corporates on Cloud & Big Data through training & consulting services. He has personally trained over 1000 people on various Cloud technologies like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine and more since early 2012.
Bhavesh has spoken at various Cloud and Big Data conferences and events like ‘7th Cloud Computing & Big Data’ and have been the Key Note Speaker at ‘International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics’. He has authored numerous research papers and patents in various fields. He is passionate about technology and keeps the company up to date on latest Cloud technologies & market trends.
Bhavesh earned MS in Computer Science from University of South Florida, where he was awarded Scholarships for Teaching Assistantship and Research Assistantship in 2003. He gained his Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology from Nirma University in 2001.
View Linkedin Profile
Senior Cloud Solutions Architect
Jigar has 9+ years of experience in Web & Mobile application development, IT Infrastructure domain with skills in Cloud Computing. As a Senior Cloud Solution Architect at CloudThat, he is responsible for deploying, supporting and managing client infrastructures on Azure and AWS. Responsibilities also include training individuals and corporates on Azure and AWS.
He holds a MCSD: Azure Solutions Architect & Microsoft Certified Trainer. Microsoft Specialist: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions (70-534) & Microsoft Specialist: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions (70-533) Microsoft Specialist: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions (70-532) certification.
View Linkedin Profile
Cloud Solutions Architect
Arzan has 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Infrastructure technology stack including setting up Windows servers, designing Active Directory and managing various domain services, including Hyper-V virtualization. As a Cloud Solution Architect at CloudThat, he is responsible for deploying, supporting and managing client infrastructures on Azure.Having core training and consulting experience, he is also involved in delivering training to corporate and individuals on Azure.
He holds a MCSE (Server Track) & MCSD: Azure Solutions Architect & Microsoft Certified Trainer & Microsoft Specialist: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions (70-534) & Microsoft Specialist: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions (70-533) & Microsoft Specialist: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions (70-532) certification. Other certification include VCA-DCV (Datacenter Virtualization – Associate) &CTT+ (Certified Technology Trainer).
View Linkedin Profile
For latest batch dates, fees, location, technical queries and general inquiries, contact our sales team at: +91 8880002200 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org